Those who do not know our rights cannot treasure them. We have cast the bill of rights away. As rights are stripped, it’s always for the “greater good” of the people…
The Bill of Rights are the first 10 amendments to the Constitution. These protect our rights to keep the people of our country safe from government tyranny. These are essential for us to know and also to teach our children.
1. Freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and petition.
2. Right to keep and bear arms in order to maintain a well regulated militia.
3. No quartering of soldiers.
4. Freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures.
5. Right to due process of law, freedom from self-incrimination, double jeopardy.
6. Rights of accused persons, e.g., right to a speedy and public trial.
7. Right of trial by jury in civil cases.
8. Freedom from excessive bail, cruel and unusual punishments.
9. Other rights of the people.
10. Powers reserved to the states.